Thursday, August 21, 2008

seven things of which I cannot get enough

*Ahem.*

1. Sunflower nut butter and jam sandwiches on Ezekiel's sprouted bread.


2. Kombucha. Seriously, I am like a junkie. I expect to find myself pawning jewelry soon in order to finance my $3.50-to-$4.00-a-bottle habit. Meanwhile, there is a kombucha mother (the mushroom-y material you can use to make your own brew) just languishing in the back of my fridge. It's preposterous, really.



3. 31 and Falling, by Chris Pureka. (Listen all the way through. You'll thank me!) The rest of her material is pretty awesome, too.

4. Craigslist. In the past week I've made friends with a Uruguayan aspiring public interest lawyer (the dating moratorium is still in effect, I'm just trolling for new friends), lined up a cool writing gig for when I go part-time at my job in October, and found the apartment of my dreams.

5. Red-leaf lettuce lettuce tossed with feta, fresh fennel, grapes, and balsamic vinaigrette.


6. Exuberantly singing songs with my pals.

7. Downtown Oakland. Pretty much the coolest place ever! Basically, and this is a proven fact, it has the highest concentration of hidden culture-y and restaurant-y gems per square block of any city in America. Maybe the world. I don't know. I just know that if loving downtown Oakland is wrong, I don't want to be right.

So TELL me, my pretties, what is one thing YOU find yourself unable to live without during these waning days of summer?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet Jersey corn, from a real Jersey farm, bought the day after being picked at the local farmer's market from "my" farmer Anthony. Tastes like it's been dipped in sugar. This year it is perfect. Sooooo good!

Also, Central Park on a not-extremely-hot summer afternoon (not that we've had too many of those). Sitting on a bench under a tree watching the entire world walk by.

It's been a good -- but very busy -- summer!

Dara said...

one thing i've been enjoying of late: candlelit dinners with my honey, with all the dining room windows open to the cool evening air and the fading summer sunset, the day's market bounty gracing the table (or leftovers;), us holding hands between bites. it's the next best thing to a candelit dinner in an actual garden, but maybe next year...

thanks for all your sharing here, i continue to love it!

Anonymous said...

Ha! The apartment is great.

Kitchen Intuition said...

I'm posting on my site in response to your call here... come read. :)

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner