Tuesday, July 22, 2008

How July is (so far)

Believe me, dear readers, I did not mean to leave you here alone for all these many weeks!

It's just that I went backpacking deep into the Trinity Alps, where we could see the reflections of the planets in the glossy black surface of Caribou lake, and the exhilarating explosion of cold water in the morning followed by my back on the warm rocks brought me close to earth again...




and then I fell into a torrid two-week romance, which, as you might imagine, ended torridly...


and then I drove through grey-brown distant-mountained deserts to the glittering green hills of Ruby Valley, NV for the Indigenous Environmental Network conference, and the original people of our lands spoke about the many devastations that add up to the great disaster we are visiting upon ourselves, we who are so cut adrift from the anchor of reverence...


and in between, there were of course dazzling blown-glass exhibits and inspired lunch meetings and dinner delivery to new parents and women's circles. And all the mundane and awesome moments that make a life.



These weeks of summer are so full, and bring so much, and fly so quick.

No comments:

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner